A student should possess the knowledge about different styles of essay writing before choosing to choose the perfect style for a particular essay. One needs to understand the subtle difference between different essay types. Below, you will find the attributes of different types of essays.
· Argumentative or persuasive essay: in case of persuasive or argumentative essay, the writer has to make a claim about the topic. This type of writing can be followed, if the writer is writing the essay on a contentious topic and he or she wants to make a point. The writer has to stand tall on his or her point and should give well-researched points to support his or her claim.
· Contrast or comparison essay: This type of essay writing style could be followed, if there is two topics, instead one. In this type of essay writing, the writer tries to make the two different topics closer, either by showing the equalities or inequalities between the two topics. If there is a requirement of comparison between two topics, then this type of essay writing style should be followed, invariably.
· Descriptive Essay: this type of essays generally describes an event, a person or a place in an elaborated manner. Every minute detail of the topic under focus has to be written by the writer to give some unheard facts about the topic to the readers.
· Definition Essay: This type of essay is written, when there is a need to define a particular thing. The writer has to go beyond the general meaning of the term at the time of writing a definition essay.
· Narrative Essay: This type of essay tells the story behind a particular topic in a sequential manner.
· Evaluation Essay: This kind of essay gives a verdict on a particular topic after evaluating the different parameters associated with the topic. This kind of essay also called as judgmental essay.